Saturday, January 23, 2016

The George Lucas in me surrenders.

I don't like collaborating with other people over my creative ideas. When I have a vision for some improvisational fun I hog it the same way I did flank steak those rare days my parents put it on the table. 'It's mine, MY OWN!' And no one else can touch it! You could put a refugee fleeing ISIS at the same table with me those days and even then for every slice they took, a part of my soul would have died.

People who say love is the stuff dreams are made of never cooked this properly.


Well reality collided with my vision of fun the other day when I realized I can't both act and move the camera at the same time in the music video. Before admitting defeat I literally day-dreamed about how awesome it would be to have an extra set of long, invisible arms so I wouldn't have to get anyone else involved.

In the end it behooved me to get an extra cameraman so I dragged my soon-to-be-married brother down to a few filming areas and had him do the three or four beats on my schedule. He was unexpectedly competent, a phrase much more frequently used to describe me than him. I don't know why I ever doubted his ability to swivel a large object on a fixed platform. I mean just look at all that studly swagger.

"I'll swivel you as suavely as I did that fossil of an HDV."


At some point, we possibly went a little overlong. He kept cursing under his breath, muttering,"There wouldn't be so much time for him to waste if HE would get married too...", and "If I ever get home to my sweet fiance I'm going to hang a charm on my phone, warding away loafers with too much equipment and playtime." Someday brother, someday. Despite all that, it was still a pretty good time, and the footage turned out great even in the low-light environment.

I'm pretty sure my i5 can shoot better in low-light conditions.


No comments:

Post a Comment