Saturday, June 11, 2016

Two Blog Posts a Week? The Overlord Blog brings a dream-come-true to billions by upping the weekly dosage.



It's been brought to my attention more than once now that some tiny fraction of a fraction of humanity actually enjoys the whimsical nonsense I throw up here on a sporadic basis, one friend just yesterday even going so far as to suggest that an increase in articles is in order.


    "Looking heaven-ward from the cold stones of Brooklyn, from the ashes of his life, he swore a                                                       mad oath of vengeance, knowing surely his day would come."


Reacting in much the opposite way I normally do to the overly common internet meme above, I was surprised. This blog, once intended to be an advertising platform, has been reduced to the state of pseudo public journal over the years, and I've rather enjoyed the lackadaisical feel of it all. Since I don't put more than an occasional post on facebook or anywhere else, the expectation is that one or two email subscribers will read, not comment or really take interest, and I'll take some small satisfaction in the process of writing an article. Then that's it. The buck stops there. The drums roll, the curtains fall, and I completely forget I have a blog until the next time I get a hankering to jot a piece down.

In short, I believe the following photograph, courtesy of Jerzy OpioĊ‚a, aptly highlights the direction I take the blog, an approach often used by vloggers and youtubers in hot pursuit of the almighty dollar.


C'mon, vacation isn't supposed to be *more* exhausting. Why would you go to Mincol or Zdiare with much more promising destinations available just 1080 meters away?

However in lieu of recent comments and at the suggestion of my more successful blogging peers, I've agreed to hold myself to two blog entries per week, One on Tuesday, another on Saturday. But that's it. No more than that. And I reserve the right to ramble about any kind of impertinent, unrelated crap I want to in each of them. That being said, on a relevant, even close to pertinent note, my intention with the majority of future articles will be to keep things tied to music, specifically what I write and record, but also related commentary grounded in national conversation, present events, etc etc.


You might not like to think so, but my toiletry is a consistently relevant conversation.


PEACE! Until Tuesday that is. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment