Wednesday, June 29, 2016

***New Website Under Construction***

It's been a long few years, and blogger and I have had a good run. But all good things must come to an end.

The translation literally reads: May blogger find peace in knowing that despite being defunct and irrelevant, someone still kind of cares.

As I've committed more time and resources to not only the development of my originals, but my technical education in sound design and videography, better web design has also made its way into the repertoire. Blogspots will always have a soft place in my heart and I'll probably keep this active for limited use, but it nevertheless a fact that my gaze has been drawn to the vastly superior, more easily customized websites of my peers.

I like WordPress, but who would wear these? Seriously?
Therefore it is hereby decreed in characteristically nebulous fashion that at some undetermined, wishy-washy date during this up and coming July, the grandhighmusicoverlord blog will graduate to HendersonRoofing.org, my band's official namesake, as the new, slick corner of the internets that will be home to all my new recordings, downloads, tour calendar, and general updates. It will ultimately be accompanied by a youtube partner channel for original videos as well, especially now that I'm being graciously permitted to use cameras that excel above mine in every conceivable way.

Yeah yeah, I know some of you think this is an over-the-top way of excusing myself from writing twice a week and posting new music while I upgrade. And you'd be right. But seriously, this is a time-consuming process amidst a time-consuming career. You remember how I wrote and recorded Dance That Noise Away in less than twelve hours over two days? That like, never happens. And even if it did regularly I still wouldn't have time for it alongside everything else.

So bear with me, and in a few weeks I'll have the new website posted.

For all the good old lean years, and all the in-between years. <3


And blogger, I feel like I was just getting to know you finally when it came time to move on. Our typically tawdry romance was unexpectedly blossoming when the winds of change blew away the petals of our love and like a drifter with a wayward heart I left for the next best thing I saw. I hope you'll forgive me. I hope this doesn't tarnish the sweet times we had together. If it's any consolation, I still like you better than facebook.








photo attributions:

(the rose) By Eike Sauer (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

(wordpress buttons) By Lisa Risager from Denmark (WordPress 10th anniversary  Uploaded by palnatoke) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

(blogger tombstone) By Corpse Reviver - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=7229483

No comments:

Post a Comment