Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dance Music

For your listening pleasure, I give you 'Dance That Noise Away.' It was inspired by Christmas music, or rather my futile attempts at writing it. A few days ago I was trying to put together my first Christmas song, and I looked inwardly, delving deep for the welling of Christmas cheer that only we Mark Henderson's possess in such abundance so as to create the perfect, festive spirit in modern musical form. Well there was nothing in there.

So after beating myself over the head with my foot (twice) and angrily staring down my keyboard with all the wild west charisma I could muster, I gave up, ate some amazing homemade blueberry french toast crafted painstakingly by yours truly (carefully following all the instructions I read on allrecipes.com) and I spent twelve hours making this instead *behold the awesome*. It's been a lot of fun putting it together and seeing people bouncing up and down, back and forth when they hear it for the first time.

It's been so well-received by friends and family that I'm actually going to attempt a music video. It'll be my first try at anything like this so be prepared to plug your nose as the youtube reel starts playing a year down the road, but I expect it'll be a fun time regardless.

Cheers!


-Mark


P.S. I've updated the Henderson Roofing home for hosting music. I'll still keep posting on the other site, but soundcloud.com seems like the way to go these days and I like their user interface so.....sorry, Kiwi6. I'm not leaving you, but I have to be honest- this alliance of ours has been reduced to the sad state of dalliance. Still, you'll always have a soft spot in my heart for being my first. You never forget your first.

No comments:

Post a Comment