Friday, June 6, 2014

MDH Studios Location

Good thing I don't roll much when I sleep huh?

I wanted to show you where the place lives and how compact it is. The studio centers around the computer there in the middle. The audio interface is the box on the right of the digital clock with all the wires going in and out. Then there's the instruments, and the gloriously cheap sound system which is loud and strong enough for me to hear anywhere in the apartment and cost me less than fifty bucks. My favorite part is this whole set up fits inside a roughly 4x4 foot location which means I can take it anywhere except most public restroom stalls. If I wanted to, I could bring all of this to performances and set it up with relative ease. The computer is built to fit into racks which is the next investment on my shortlist of tools to acquire before concerts start in January. So for those of you in Utah, you can expect to see this with me wherever I go, especially since, realistically, the sound I want to produce in concerts will be limited to the computer's output and filtering.

All the minutiae is packed away, except a number of my music books, which are left of the sub woofer surrounded by reading material. It's a lot of fun working in this little space, and I like that I can just roll out of bed and have this sucker up and running in less than a minute.

Well there you go. This is the place, the new breeding ground for several people's ideas hopefully. We'll see what comes of it.


-Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment